When you have a default install of a VirtueMart store on Joomla, you will notice that there are extra linebreaks on top of your e-shop main category page (the page that you get when you create a menu item in Joomla that points to VirtueMart category ID=0 e.g. the all category list page).
This is really annoying and here is how to remove the white space from the top of VirtueMart category list page:
- Open file \components\com_virtuemart\themes\default\templates\common\shopIndex.tpl.php
- On rows 5 and 6 delete the <br />-s from the php echo code
- Open file \components\com_virtuemart\themes\default\templates\common\categoryChildlist.tpl.php
- On row 14 delete the <br />
- Save the files and your category pages have no more white space on top of them.
You can totally remove the word “Categories” from the e-shop main page, do this by commenting out line 6 in shopIndex.tpl.php