Running a Joomla! powered website and want to add Google Ads to earn from advertising? Here’s how to add Google Ads to your Joomla site:
- Set up a Google Adsense account and log in to AdSense.
- In Google Adsense go to My Ads -> Ad units -> + New ad unit to set up a new ad that will be displayed on your Joomla site.
- When the ad has been created, click on Get Code to get the HTML script that will display Google Ads on your Joomla webpage.
- Insert the Google AdSense code to your website’s HTML (template index.php) or create a module to display the script (ads) in your desired position. *
* To be able to save HTML <script> </script> in a module (without code cleanup) you can use a custom code module for Joomla. By default Joomla cleans up the Google AdSense code upon saving so the ads will not display.